Interact Medical are pleased to offer an IV Cannulation course in our Milton Keynes office on the 15th July 2017 – 9am to 4pm.
The course qualifies as Participatory Training and will be worth 6 CPD points.
By the end of the course candidates will:
• Be familiar with their roles and responsibility as registered healthcare practitioner in regard to administration of IV medication.
• Be aware of the advantages & disadvantages of IV administration
• Understand the possible complications of IV therapy
• Have an understanding of the main indication for the insertion of a peripheral venous cannula
• To be aware of the different Intravenous Access Devices
• Understand the need for preparing the patient and the environment for cannulation
• Select the correct site for cannulation
• Explain the need for good infection control procedure during and after cannulation
• Practically perform, under observation Peripheral Venous Cannulation
• Demonstrate good care of the site following cannulation
• Safely dispose of sharps following the procedure
• Be competent in the common medication calculations
• NMC Guidance
• Advantages and disadvantages of IV administration
• Types of Intravenous devices
• Infection Control
• Aseptic Non Touch Technique
• Phlebitis score
• Drug Calculations
• Practical demonstration on IV cannulation
• Assessment of Learning for drug calculations and IV cannulation on a dummy arm
We would kindly ask that you confirm your attendance as soon as possible:
We look forward to seeing you on the 15th!
T: +44 (0)1908 357929